The Horwich Plaque
Originally a private garden, it was donated to the town of Frodsham in 1933 and there have been a number of additions reflecting more modern public usage, such as tennis courts and bowling greens.
The house is now occupied in part by the local council and in recent years there have been significant restoration works to both the structures and grounds of the park.
The conservatory is a magnificent structure featuring a significant number of decorative cast iron embellishments.
As part of the restoration project, Lost Art Limited produced and installed the decorative ironwork features to the exterior of the building, producing new patterns for the castings based on historical illustrations of the actual conservatory and the use of archived catalogues.
Less visually pleasing, but still of significant interest, Lost Art Limited also produced replacement components for the historic interior mechanisms of the conservatory, allowing the operation of the ventilation windows in the roof section of the building.
Another significant feature of the formal gardens was a fountain, located at the intersection of the paths in the area between the conservatory and the manor building. This feature had been removed but high quality images of the installation remained. Lost Art Limited were commissioned to design and produce a fountain that retained the major elements of the original fountain but also conformed to the budget requirements of the project.
Comparison of the before and after images of the fountain demonstrate how successfully this was achieved.
Lost Art were also asked to recreate the missing Lion Head drinking fountain that marks the transition from the formal gardens to the more recreational areas.
In addition to the work detailed above, Lost Art also provided restoration, repair and replacement sections to the typical park fencing adjacent to the pedestrian entrances to the park. We also supplied a variety of furniture to a number of areas of the park, including the kitchen garden and the Promenade Benches seen alongside the tennis courts and the Belmont Tree Seat installed close to the bowling green (with additional Promenade benches in the background).
Castle Park is situated in the Cheshire market town of Frodsham and incorporates a historic manor house within nine hectares of beautiful parkland and gardens. The Castle in the name of the park referes to Frodsham Castle, which burnt down in 1654, with the manor house being built on the original site. Lost Art were commissioned to undertake a variety of work as part of a significant restoration project tot he park. This included the restoration of 2 fountains, work to the historic conservatory, rpair to estate fencing and the supply and installation of a variety of benches.